Thursday 10 April 2014

when to stop investing

Dear friends,

Every morning, at the sight of newspapers the first thing that i do is to flip over is the business page. Right from corporate news to stock news to currency to commodity markets to gold to real estate and so on catch my fancy.

I am a typical average salaried person and yet these pages have always been my favorite. I often wonder why? Honestly speaking, its more of looking for investment opportunities. Ever investment possibility fascinates and day in day out it keeps my mind occupied.

The big question is 'how much to invest'? And probably even bigger is 'when to stop investing'?  Can it go on perpetually or rather should it go on perpetually? As I try to find my own answers, I try to reason out 'is it greed' or 'maybe just passion'.

On one side my mind says enough is enough; now live your life. But then I am already living well. On the other side, mind says you have a mind, multiply your wealth. But then for how long and how much.

Am I just caught in a vicious loop or it is just being normal? Any answers?

2 comments:

  1. Experts say that after a stage you should stop working for money and make your money work for you. It is possible to do it without undue risk with power of compunding.

    ReplyDelete